#fbf to teaching in pismo beach last weekend
We all spend most of our time on the beach and in the water. We expose our hair to the sun, the salt water, the chlorine… and it’s not something it really appreciates.So here are for you 10 tips to protect your hair when you spend most of your time on the beach and in the water.
1. Detangle your hair before your session
Not aggressively but gently by using a detangling spray if you need.
2. Protect your hair before you go in the sun
There are a lot of sun spray protections that you can use but whatever you choose, choose one which will guarantee you a really good sun screen.
3. Add some extra protection before you go in salt water
One of our favourite products is castor oil… it’s really fatty and sticky but it will go away once you immerse yourself in the salty water.
4. Attach or braid your hair if you have long hair
Yes we know that riding with your hair loose like Gisela Pulido is cool but if you can you should definitely trust Katarzyna Lange as her hair is the most beautiful hair we have seen in the world tour!
5. Let you hair down after your session
… and clean it with fresh water.
6. Use a spray after sun exposure on wet hair
It can be an homemade one which you have done yourself or just one you can find in the shops.
7. Use a special after sun conditioner after you shampoo
… and let your hair dry naturally. If you can avoid using your hairdryer or hair straightener it’s much much better for your hair.
8. Visit your hairdresser every two months to cut the ends
Don’t panic!!! It doesn’t mean cutting 5cm but just the tiny ends and you will even notice that your hair will be very grateful.
9. Try the keratin treatment
OMG! We’ve done that and it is magic! Choose one that is not ridiculously expensive, it should be about £50/60€ and it will give a second lease of life to your hair.
10. Don’t highlight your hair ever again
… just let the sun and the beach doing the work instead!
There is nothing more beautiful than natural hair highlighted naturally by the sun. Even if your protect your hair with spray, it will happen and you will get a light sun effect which will give you the perfect beach hair style.